Cheapest Moving Company offers Explain
People who select the cheapest moving company may be in for a great deal of trouble once their moving date arrives.
Choosing a moving price is not the same as selecting a service provider on EBay or other online services. If you compare only the bottom line price, without looking at the fine print and the basic charge units, you are probably making a mistake.
Finding More Information about the Cheapest Moving Companies
- The cheapest moving prices are sometimes based on a deliberate misrepresentation of the amount of weight or space your goods will take on the truck.
- The Cheapest moving company will normally tell you, on the moving date, that you have more weight or space than you were estimated and therefore you need to pay more.
- Low moving prices will have many hidden fees. Such fees may include packing surcharges. Some companies will add thousands of dollars worth of packing fees to the estimated price.
Protecting yourself from the Cheapest Moving Company Offers
- Check for information about your rights and responsibilities in the US D.O.T website.
- Check the license numbers, BBB records and references of the cheap moving company you are considering.
- Make sure that the estimate you received is a binding one. The estimate should be provided in writing and include all fees. The estimate should be done on location by a company representative.
- Don’t take estimates over the phone. Such estimates are inaccurate and allow the movers to avoid providing you with a binding price.
- Always prefer local movers. Check the location and actual headquarters of your prospective mover.
- When you check your mover’s license numbers, check how many years it has been in existence. Try to avoid using new and inexperienced companies. Some movers switch names and identities to erase complaints. Selecting an experienced and reputable company is a wise choice.