Cheap Long Distance Movers – How can you Check them and why you should Avoid Them
Long Distance Relocation is an expensive process and that’s the reason why many people are searching for cheap movers in an attempt to cut down their costs.
However, selecting cheap long distance movers is normally not a very wise choice. Many scam services take advantage of the fact that people on a shoestring budget are looking for inexpensive solutions and offer extremely low prices that bear absolutely no resemblance to the final bill they will be presenting their clients once their goods are loaded onto the truck.
Checking Cheap Long Distance Movers
Here are some of the things that you can do to check cheap long distance movers:
- Make sure you check license numbers and reputation. You can use this link to check the mover’s licenses and to make sure it has no complaints. You can also check the mover’s reputation on the Better Business Bureau website.
- Make sure that you are dealing with an actual mover and not a broker.
- Check the local headquarters of your long distance mover to make sure it has the proper facilities and equipment.
- Accept only long distance moving prices that were provided after an on-site visual inspection of your house.
- Accept only written, binding estimates that include all the relevant services.
- Make sure that the price you received includes all the packing charges you will need. Some cheap long distance movers will use packing as means to add a lot of extra charges.
- Prices that appear to be too good to be true will not remain the same on the moving date. Go with a cheap long distance moving price only if it was provided by a licensed, reputable and well known company and if it was provided in writing as a binding estimate that includes packing and following an on-site inspection.